Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Looking ahead...

Today in my reading, there was the recounting of Daniel's revealing the content and meaning of King Nebuchadnezzar's dream...


Daniel answered the king and said, “No wise men, enchanters, magicians, or astrologers can show to the king the mystery that the king has asked, but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries...
(Daniel 2:27-28 ESV)

In the past few days I have felt inadequate to control the situation in which we find ourselves, I have been tempted to jump ahead and anticipate the future and prepare myself and the family for what might come. Then I am reminded that God can cause a King to have a dream, provide a man who trusted in him to know what the dream was, and provide the meaning of the dream, which laid out the next era of human history, including the coming of His Son, to create the everlasting kingdom... 

I have nothing to fear in the future, because God is already there - just like he knew of the kingdoms that followed Nebuchadnezzar's. He provides everything that is needed, for each of us - when we get there... 

Pray that Jenny is able to gain full and consistent use of her legs while walking, we have had a couple of times in the last few days where her legs and her brain were not on the same page. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!

6 comments:

  1. Praying right now, and continually. Your post is so encouraging, Ray. We do indeed serve a God who knows all and has already prepared for all--mind boggling but comforting. Thank you for sharing your own walk in this as well as Jenny's. Much love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray, It is so encouraging to read your posts. It is also very helpful in knowing how to pray specifically for Jenny and the rest of you. As difficult as this is for all of you, you continually remind us all of the Savior that we serve and in whom we put our trust.

    I am praying every day for a miracle for Jenny. Love and respect you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading A Praying Life today. Your post reminded me of this quote, "I am called to trust that God sees what I see. In fact, he sees beyond what I see. He sees the whole story and is completely trustworthy to be at work on a grand scale, in the minutia, and even in my own life." ;) Praying that you all will continue to walk in that trust as you have been so supremely demonstrating to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a quote that agrees with you - "We should be hopeful looking into the future, because God controls it, not us." Kevin DeYoung
    I am praying for Jenny and all of you.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray thanks for sharing this. It was such an encouragement to my soul. Keep sharing your journey, we all learn from what God is teaching you.
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are encouraging words for everybody, Ray. I feel like I have a new devotional when I read your post. However, your post are personal for us and not detached since we know you. I am encouraged each day as I read the updates.
    I wake up every night and can't go back to sleep until I pray for each of you. I know this is God's doing and am sure He is doing it by the thousands.
    I believe God is allowing you to be involved in a great work for His glory.

    ReplyDelete