Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What's the matter, your arm broken?

This is one of Jenny's Grandmother's sayings, after it had been a long period of time between letters from her grandchildren. As we crossed over the 30,000 hit mark I was wondering of some of you felt the same way....
Here is the amazing thing - there is not much to tell, which I think is remarkable. Jenny is half way through the 6 weeks of chemo and radiation after tomorrow. She is really tolerating the treatments well. There biggest problem that we have had is how to deal with Jenny's return to her place in the running of the household affairs. We are adjusting to having her voice, preferences, and activity in the mix, after a period of adapting to it's absence.
Those of us that have had the role of "caretaker" over the last few weeks are now out of a job, and wondering what to do with ourselves. I have basically been relegated to the role of a chauffeur to the treatments and doctor appointments when there is not someone else available.
I am going to see if I can have Jenny post some of her thoughts here, so you can get the first person perspective. 

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, today I finally caught up to you & Paige. I turned to big 5-0. Getting ready for bed & just read today's posting. Hearing that you are doing so well is the best gift of all! I love you & hope to see you soon. Happy Thanksgiving dear friend. I love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad there hasn't been much to report--an answer to prayers! We love you all, and are so grateful to God for His specific care to each of you--especially for Jenny's body's tolerance of and response to the treatments.

    ReplyDelete