Friday, November 2, 2012

The daily and the eternal

Jenny slept through the night last night! What a blessing a small slice of "normal" is these days... It is wonderful to consider how "daily" God involves himself in our lives as well as how he has eternally taken care of our needs. Sleep is one of those daily things that we are blessed with, but often take for granted. Just like sleep, I think we can often not think about eternity, because we are so focused on the daily. It has certainly taken up a little more of our thinking time around here recently. In today's reading the psalmist captures that thought in one line:
[19] Blessed be the Lord,
who daily bears us up;
God is our salvation. Selah
        (Psalm 68:19 ESV) 
He both daily bears us up, as well as provides for our eternal salvation, we are appreciating both in the Mulligan house today...

2 comments:

  1. Ray & Jenny, you all continue to be in my prayers. I have sent you a private message on Jenny's Facebook page. Please read when you have a moment. Hugs! -cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny and Ray,
    My thoughts and prayers are so with all of you. John Clark told me today, and my heart just fell. My father went through a similar trying time. But, unlike him, you have the strength of the Lord.
    I remember the too few wonderful times in your kitchen and I wish I was there now having one of Jennys wonderful deserts!
    Peace and love to the Mulligan household,
    Love, Marion

    ReplyDelete