Wednesday, December 12, 2012

3000 Miles to a cure


I have been so fortunate to observe God's grace up close in the Mulligan family and community.  It has been incredible to see the vibrant faith of Jenny, Ray, Charlie, Ethan, Tim, Grace and Joe.  They have shown me every day in every word and decision that they trust God. I have experienced such joy with them in the last 3 months. 

What has really blown me away though is the response of this community.   Thousands of people have reached out to support Jenny and the Mulligan family. I cannot begin to list all the wonderful ways, it's almost too much to take in. Thank you.

Charlie, Tim and I have been working on a project related to Jenny's brain cancer in the last 6 weeks. We have set a goal to raise $1 million dollars for brain cancer research. Our project is called 3000 miles to a cure.   I am planning on riding across the country in June in a very challenging bicycle event called Race Across America. It will be the most difficult physical thing I have ever attempted.  Like many of you, I feeI I must do something. This will be an international platform to bringing awareness and money to brain cancer research. 

Charlie and Tim are working hard on spreading the word as far and wide as possible through social media and any other ways they can think of.  We all hate brain cancer.

We need you, Jenny's loving community, to help us.  Please like our facebook page, ask your friends to like it, go to our website and read about the project, consider donating, follow us on twitter, and most importantly, spread the word. We can only succeed in this huge project if we touch thousands and thousands of people with the incredible story of the Mulligan family. 

Grateful for you all,

Maria Parker (Jenny's sister)

1 comment:

  1. The Middleridge girls have donated! & I'm spreading the word... You amaze me Maria!

    ReplyDelete